RE: !!**** Urgent HELP (Table Deleted In Production )

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infy.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 00:29:48 -0800

When Attempting point in time recovery :-

  1. Let Control File & Online Redo Logfiles be the Latest ( Current ) Ensure that you have WRITE Permission to the Online Redo logfiles so that In case When the Database is Opened with RESETLOGS After Completion of Recovery , the Online Redo Logfiles will be Written to.
  2. Extract ONLY the Datafiles from the Backup , NOT the Online Redo Logfiles from the Backup
  3. The Database should be in MOUNT Condition (NOT Open) When Issuing the RECOVER DATABASE UNTIL TIME Command ?
  4. After Completing the Roll forward by Applying the Archived ( Online Redo logs , if required ) Issue Command ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS
MISCELLANEOUS - Check v$backup to see if STATUS = ACTIVE for the respective Datafiles

Author: VIVEK_SHARMA
  INET: VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infy.com