Re: Oracle 816 on linux

From: Nosie <tekait11_at_bni.co.id>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:19:38 -0800

Dear All, including Shawn Ferris, Charles Wolfe and Chakaphan,

Based on Shawn's information, I "downgrade" my OS to Red Hat 6.2. Oracle installation and database creation has succeed. But when I invoke sqlplus /nolog, the error message arise. Would you all help me please....

[oracle_at_Lynx oracle]$ /u01/app/OracleHome/bin/sqlplus /nolog Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

> This is due to redhat-7. The glibc that ships with rh7 is incompatible
with
> oracle. (All versions - Although I haven't tried the 8.1.7.0.1 w/ OPS
yet.)

> You have to install a backwards compatible rpms and edit a few oracle
> makefiles to get oracle to work on rh7. Running in this environment is
> definitely not recommended for production use. (In my opinion anyway)
There

Author: Nosie
  INET: tekait11_at_bni.co.id