RE: ERROR: WAITED TOO LONG FOR A ROW CACHE ENQUEUE LOCK! pid=30

From: Elliott, Patrick <Patrick.Elliott_at_bestbuy.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:57:04 -0800

We have had a problem with hangs in 8.1.6. The symptom we see is an extremely high version_count value in many of the rows of the v$sqlarea table at the time of the hang. v$session_waits also has many sessions waiting on pins of the shared pool. Basically, in our case, the shared pool was full of sql that should have been sharable. I am not sure if this is the same problem, but it sounds similar. Try doing a search in MetaLink on timed_statistics and/or sqlexec_progression_cost if you think this could be your problem.

Author: Elliott, Patrick
  INET: Patrick.Elliott_at_bestbuy.com