RE: Deadlock Interpretation Assistance Requested

From: <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 05:56:10 -0800

Riyaj,

Thanks for responding. This is the first deadlock they have seen in 6 months
(they used to see a lot due to an application coding issue). So I agree with
waiting and seeing if this problem comes up again before putting a *lot* of time or resources into it, but, I still needed to put *some* time into it to try to determine if this was an application coding issue. I'll pass it back over to the DBA's letting them know that based on what I found and read, as well as back channel comments from others, that this doesn't "appear" to be a coding issue. They can decide what to do from there. And I bet they will take the same approach you recommend.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net