RE: Priority Paging on Solaris

From: Jenner Mike <M.Jenner_at_southampton.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:36:25 -0800

Hi,

        I spoke to Sun support in detail to find out about this parameter.

I'm on Solaris 2.6, generic patch Generic_105181-16.

priority_paging is default in solaris 2.7 and up but not in 2.6. It is recommended for virtually any solaris 2.6 system since I'm told it may have benifits but has no drawbacks. Sun did not mention any performance, just that the OS handles memory 'better' under certain circumstances. You must be on generic patch at least Generic_105181-09 (which I guess anyone should be on because it is quite old).

Regards,
Mike.

Author: Jay Weinshenker
  INET: jweinshe_at_concentric.net