Re: Priority Paging on Solaris

From: Jay Weinshenker <jweinshe_at_concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:45:57 -0800

Yes and Yes.

Also, the document skips over some other parameters you should set in addition to priority_paging=1

Check
out
http://www.unixinsider.com/unixinsideronline/swol-07-1999/swol-07-filesystem3_p.html

which lists these also:

set fastscan=131072
set handspreadpages=131072
set maxpgio=65536

Finally, please note that you didn't state what version of Solaris and what patch level you're at.

We're at 2.6 and have the necessary kernel patches.

p.s. As to how much performance increase, well, we only had the priority_paging =1 enabled up to this point, the other parameters go in on Sunday. if you email me next week I'll try and get you an update.

Author: Jay Weinshenker
  INET: jweinshe_at_concentric.net