RE: Extent allocation

From: Yttri, Lisa <lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:20:08 -0800

I found a document on metalink   #69343.1 that pretty much explains it.  Unfortunately, it makes it sound like you can never be sure of the sizing you choose, because it looks at the size of the first two open blocks, rather than finding a block that fits what you want.

Am I missing something?
 ----------
From: Shakeel Qureshi
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Extent allocation
Date: Thursday, February 08, 2001 1:34PM

Hi Paul,

I created an object with initial_extent 128K and it took 13 blocks.  I then created the same object with 208K and still it took 13 blocks.  My db_block size is 16K.  I tested this on 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 and they both behave the same.

TIA, Shakeel Qureshi
squrehi_at_barpoint.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year!  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/  --
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com  --
Author: Shakeel Qureshi
  INET: msklq_at_yahoo.com
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 09 2001 - 11:20:08 CST