Unable to Drop Rollback Segment/Tablespace

From: Michelle Buyer <mbuyer1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:00:06 -0800

A datafile in a tablespace for a rollback segment was accidentally deleted at the OS level. I am trying to drop that tablespace which contains a rollback segment needing recovery. When I try to drop the rollback segment, the following error is returned:

ORA-1545: rollback segment ‘R4’ specified not available

When I try to drop tablespace RBS2 including contents, the following error is returned:

ORA-01548: active rollback segment ‘R4’ found, terminate dropping tablespace

I have attempted to drop the datafile using alter database datafile ‘/u06/oradata/…/rbs02_03.dbf’ offline drop with no success. The database has been shutdown and restarted with the two remaining good rollback segments.

We can insert and alter tables but cannot create new tables.

Any help in dropping this tablespace and recreating rollback segments or working around it would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Author: Michelle Buyer
  INET: mbuyer1_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 19:00:06 CST