RE: Applying patches - minimizing database down time

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 12:57:26 -0800

Yeah, I like the theory but putting the theory into practice is another story. Maybe I'll try it another day. I thought Oracle supported 24X7 Internet ecommerce. Well I guess it does if you never need to upgrade, as if that were a realistic option. Or if you want to work 80+ hours to reduce database down time from 1 hour to 5 minutes.

"Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches!" L.E.

Returning to Dog Patch,
Lil' Abner

Author: Elliott, Patrick
  INET: Patrick.Elliott_at_bestbuy.com