RE: Extent allocation

From: Shakeel Qureshi <msklq_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:47:16 -0800

Hi Paul,

I created an object with initial_extent 128K and it took 13 blocks. I then created the same object with 208K and still it took 13 blocks. My db_block size is 16K. I tested this on 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 and they both behave the same.

TIA, Shakeel Qureshi
squrehi_at_barpoint.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/