Parameter obsolete

From: Beatriz Martínez Jiménez <beamar_at_cidaut.es>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:49:19 -0800

Hello list,
This question is not a matter or life or death but a curiosity I have. I´m working with Oracle 8.1.6 and NT. Each time I open the database, I get the next message in the XXXALERT.log :
      Obsolete system parameters with specified
values:
      distributed_lock_timeout

I included it the init.ora file following a friend advice, but i have read that it has no sense in this Oracle version, so, could anybody tell me if I can delete it?
TIA

--
Beatriz Martínez Jiménez

 beamar_at_cidaut.es
 Ingeniera Informática
Fundación CIDAUT
 Parque Tecnológico de Boecillo, parcela 209
 Boecillo 47151
 Valladolid
 tfno.983 54 80 35

begin:vcard n:Martínez Jiménez;Beatriz x-mozilla-html:FALSE url:www.cidaut.es org:Fundación CIDAUT;Departamento Informática adr:;;Parque Tecnológico de Boecillo;Boecillo;Vallodolid;47151;España version:2.1 email;internet:beamar_at_cidaut.es title:Ingeniera Informática fn:Beatriz end:vcard