Ora 8i OCI application on a Ora7 client - Windows NT

From: Szecsy Tamas <tszecsy_at_GEOMETRIA.hu>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 07:07:25 -0800

Hi,

I wrote an OCI application, that I would like to link on a Ora8i client
(Windows NT). The problem is, that although I don't user any Ora8i specific
functionality, the executable still would not run on a Ora7 client (The Ora8i OCI.DLL is copyed into the same directory on the Ora7 client as the application executable). Can some one please help, how this can be resolved?

TIA. Best regards,

Tamas Szecsy

The cause, I am using the Ora8i OCI.DLL is that the function calls (e.g. OCIDescribe ) are much more readable than the Ora7 version of it (odsc etc.).

Author: Szecsy Tamas
  INET: tszecsy_at_GEOMETRIA.hu