Re: RMAN

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 07:48:16 -0800

You have to use a version of rman which is at least at the level of the hightest level database in the catalog. E.g., if you have 8.1.7 and 8.0.5 put the rman catalog in at 8.1.7 database.

Ruth
  From: Vadim Gorbounov
  To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L   Subject: RE: RMAN
  Date: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 3:01PM

          Hi, William,

          I used to have may rman backups since 8.0.5, and I could say, 8.1.6
  makes a BIG difference. It is much more stable and worth to go, especially   if you have big/frequantly updated database. Even 8.1.5 is well behind   8.1.6. My preference is to have rman backup information in catalog rather   than controlfile. Anytime you can export it and restore to any database,   even on different platform. Works fine. My current configuration is 8.1.6 on
  Solaris + NetBackup.

          Vadim Gorbounov
          Oracle DBA

  Author: Carle, William T (Bill), NLCIO     INET: wcarle_at_att.com

  to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

  Author: Vadim Gorbounov
    INET: vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com

Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us