Sun- SGA size and sgabeg question?

From: <Riyaj_Shamsudeen_at_i2.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:46:33 -0800

Hi

     We have 6GB of physical memory in one of the SUN boxes (32 bit OS). There are around 24 databases and using up around 3.7GB of total memory. If I understand correctly, cumulative size of thes SGAs can not exceed 1.7GB without adjusting the sgabeg address. We have 4 different versions of the software and checked the sgabeg address in each one of them and they are set at default (0x80000000). Hence the cumulative size can not be more than 1.7GB.

     How are we able to bring up all these database ? What am I missing here ?

Thanks
Riyaj Shamsudeen

  INET: Riyaj_Shamsudeen_at_i2.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 15:46:33 CST