RE: OT - WHAT is a FEDERATED DATABASE ???

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 12:45:54 -0800

Steve,

My take on benchmarking:  These are the Oracle/MS versions of Honda's Formula One Race Car. Technology and tricks discovered there eventually make it into product....one of the most stunningly brilliant and energetic guys i knew worked for Sequent as a benchmark engineer. He loved what he did and was sooooo good at it...so, I have a love/hate relationship with benchmarks.  I don't think there are "my" reality, but do affect it.....

As for stirring the pot....you are *most* welcome. Coffee's on me.

Best Regards,

Ross

Author: Steve Orr
  INET: sorr_at_arzoo.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists