RE: Unix SysAdmin Book??

From: David Barbour <dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 12:13:49 -0800

O'Reilly - My bible for basics cross-platform Essential System Administration

O'Reilly - Great intro to scripting                      Learning the Korn
Shell

Sun Specific - Sun Performance and Tuning Adrian Cockcroft

All these are available on Amazon.com. I buy a book just about every week. I'm rarely disappointed as no matter how "basic" the book, I can usually learn at least one thing. There really is no "best" book. It all depends on your level of experience, the applications you're running, and the ability, freedom and desire you have to test new concepts and ideas.

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA - ConnectSouth
512-681-9438
dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com

Author: Raghu Kota
  INET: raghukota_at_hotmail.com

Author: David Barbour
  INET: dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 14:13:49 CST