RE: Reporting database

From: Joan Hsieh <Joan.Hsieh_at_mirror-image.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 08:55:32 -0800

If your production database can afford a short downtime. You can copy all the datafiles and rename the database. We did this way. Refreshed the database everyday. 15GB database needs 15 min. downtime on the production database. Depends on your system I guess. Or using hot backup recover to another machine rename the database. Of course, all those methods are not real time approach. We don't care a one day delayed data on reporting purpose.

Thanks,
Joan

Author: Terrian, Thomas
  INET: Thomas.Terrian_at_standardregister.com

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: Joan.Hsieh_at_mirror-image.com