RE: (Win2K vs NT4) / RE: OT RE: Async I/O on Windows

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 07:08:00 -0800

Enough monkeys, enough typewriters and enough time can get you Shakespeare.

Enough developers, enough resources and enough time should eventually get software that works. BTW, I use Win2K here for my desktop box. It runs fairly well (and surprisingly even runs faster than NT)...the Oracle db I have running on it runs nicely. I can usually leave my system up and running for a couple of months before encountering any oddities/lock-ups. There are still some things that are quirky/annoying about it, but it runs so I can't complain too much. I mean, they eventually had to correct some of their past mistakes and get something that works decently, but still a system is really only as good as the people that maintain it (and some people are just better at it than others). Well, as soon as I get VMWare tested at home and it delivers like it says, then I'll be able to run Win2K under a window in Linux (and then I can have the best of both worlds). :)

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Databeast Tamer
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX