Re: Creating indexes in seperate tablespace

From: chaos <zhuchaopku_at_263.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 03:40:57 -0800

John Dunn£¬ÄúºÃ£¡

      u can use a clause in the create table command to specify the details of the primary key,or alter table to add constraint ,using index clause to specify the detail about the index.
for example:
sql>create table pk

        (name char(8),
         age  number);

sql> alter table pk add constraint pk1 primary key (name)  using index
 tablespace system;
or in create table command:
SQL> create table pk
  2 (name char(8) primary key using index tablespace system,   3 num number);
this also works.

ÔÚ 2001-2-6 0:42:00 ÄúдµÀ£º
>We have tables with primary keys, which result in indexes being created. We
>do not explicitly create indexes.
>
>How can I ensure that indexes are created in a seperate tablespace from the
>tables?
>
>Can I specify this in the create table statement?
>
>Oracle version is 8.1.6
>
>John
>

>--
>--