Re: Patchset installation

From: djordjej <djordjej_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 19:55:34 -0800

Thanks Dan.

So, what you are saying is that running cat* scripts takes much longer that installing the patch ? :-(.

If that is the case, I agree that my first step would not help a lot.

And cat* scripts have to be run before the database is opened to users ? I was under impression that I read somewhere that running cat* scripts is in a sense optional - it would just make DBA's life more difficult as none of the DBA_ and V$ are there, and oracle internally anyway does not use dynamic and static views, but the base tables and base views.

One thing I am not sure about is that the first thing catalog.sql does is to call "standard.sql"create the package standard which might be necessary ?

Djordje

Author: djordjej
  INET: djordjej_at_home.com