RE: OT RE: Async I/O on Windows

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:49:25 -0800

[Richard Ji]
What I mean here is Oracle hasn't done a benchmark since MS and IBM published their numbers.  So do jump to conclusion so fast about who is better.

||  Point taken. They alway leapfrog. On the next jump, Oracle needs to jump about FOUR TIMES
        as far.  That's alot.

[Richard Ji]
Actually Major Networks makes tons of money from Olympics, the Tour de France.  Why do you think they spend so much money to sign the exclusive right to broadcast it?

||  Uh....because the "products" keep getting better?  Maybe we should keep looking at benchmark
        numbers, too?  That's my only argument.

That's fine with me if you found it far more cost-effective to read the results.  You said: "Oracle is NEVER in the top three. Usually, it doesn't even show up."  Funny just on the tpc site you referred to, Oracle is all I see in the top three for Non-clustered category.