Re: temp tablespace

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 07:39:12 -0800

Mitchell,
It depends on your situtation. You can check your tempspace is in use by querying dba_segment segment_type ='TEMPORARY'. If it returns no rows then you can safely offline and online.Otherwise you haveto create another tempspace and altering all your user who are assigned your old temp tablespace.
HTH,
Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 14:31:23 -0800

Rafiq

I think I means not 'PERMANENT' but 'TEMPORARY'. in my case. After I alter tablespace mytemptablespace coalesce; it is still the same. No any extent released.
I am not sure I can take temp tablespace offline or should I add another one and off./on the old one
since we operate at 7/24.

Mitchell

Author: Mitchell
   INET: mitchell_at_comnet.ca