Re: Vague request

From: <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:07:12 -0800

Lee,

Your query is doing a fair amount of disk IO.

I'm suspicious of the RANGE SCAN on the index ADDRESS_OCCUPANCY_I1.

Perhaps providing the SQL for the query, and the definition for the indexes will give us a better idea of what's going on.

How many rows are in the table, and how many distinct values are there for the columns making up the ADDRESS_OCCUPANCY_I1 index?

Could be that a hash join between ADDRESS_OCCUPANCY and ADDRESS would be helpful.

Jared

  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com