Oracle Browser & SQL Functions

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:23:38 -0800

Happy Friday Fellow Listers!

This is some what of a repeat to my last post WRT creating a new "global" function. I have successfully created a new function that is available from SQL*Plus. However we don't allow most folks here to use SQL*Plus, but provide them with Oracle Browser to run their ad-hoc queries against the database. Some how/way Browser "knows" about the Oracle supplied functions (such as RTRIM, MAX, etc.). AFAIK the SQL Functions are not "real database objects". I have been unable to find them within DBA_OBJECTS. They seem to be "intrinsic" to the database.

My desire/question is how can I add my newly written function to the list of functions that Browser will allow folks to use within this utility.

TIA & HAND!
--

Charlie Mengler               Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com              10641 Scripps Summit Ct

Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 02 2001 - 11:23:38 CST