ora-07445

From: <achoto_at_american.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 07:25:17 -0800

Lately when we had to reboot the server where Oracle resides we start getting the following error in the alert log:

Errors in file /oracle02/app/oracle/admin/ORTE/udump/orte_ora_6047.trc: ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [lxdgetobj()+60] [SIGSEGV] [Address not mapped to object] [1651271016] [] []

Eventually these errors go away. I have contacted Oracle support and their answer was

"For Oracle8 Server, the environment variable ORA_NLS33 *must* be left in the default value, or set to $ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data ORA_NLS33 =$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data"

Since I have been administering the database this variable has been set to "/oracle02/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/nlsrtl/install/common". Up until recently this has not been a problem. Weird, since the content of both directories is completely different.

Anyway the ora-07445 messages yesterday and today were generating big core dumps and the file system got 100% full. I deleted the core files, shutdown the database and restarted it. There are no more core files generated after database start up. We changed the environment variable to what oracle recommends.

We're on Oracle 8.0.5.2.1 and the output of uname -a shows "SunOS auoracle1 5.6 Generic_105181-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise"

Has anyone on the list ever been faced with something like this?

Thanks

Ana E. Choto
Systems Programmer
American University
e-Operations
Phone (202) 885-2275
Fax (202) 885-2224

  INET: achoto_at_american.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 02 2001 - 09:25:17 CST