How to find USER who locked my row ...

From: Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:43:39 -0800

Dear list,

I am simulating an error generated by an application.

select * from XXX where fdoc_nbr = '12345' for update nowait;

It returns with error:
ORA-00054 Resource busy acquire with nowait specified.

I need to findout who(SID,SERIAL#,USERNAME) locked the same ROW (not table). There are many users who are locking different rows of the same table at the same time. I need to find the one who locked my row.

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.

TIA,
-- Babu

Author: Janardhana Babu
  INET: jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 17:43:39 CST