Windows 2000

From: Michael Kline <maklinesr_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 11:47:16 -0800

I watch the markets
and trends concerning Oracle and often will forward articles to management and the VP's, sort of their "view from the field".
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
For a long time I've
not heard a lot on Windows 2000, and then this came up in the Jan 29, eWeek, P61. I thought this paragraph would be of interest to Solaris users.
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
"Growing Up
Slowly"
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
"Windows 2000
certainly is much more reliable than past versions of Windows. Sum of the eWeek Labs' Windows 2000 systems have been up for almost five months now without a reboot (nothing special in the Unix world, and the irony of Microsoft's current Windows 2000 ads loudly high-lighting the poor design of the company's previous versions of Windows is not lost to anyone.)"
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
Now I will usually
say the right server for the job, and I do have a client or two with NT servers that may well run 150-200+ days with out a reboot, but maybe this is one of the reasons it's not going that strongly.
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
Do we have any good
stories of Production databases on Win2000 servers? Were there any that had to fall back to NT?

Michael
KlineThinkSparkRichmond,
VA804-744-1545 Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 13:47:16 CST