RE: Backup and Recovery Question

From: Koivu, Lisa <lkoivu_at_qode.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 11:47:14 -0800

<SPAN
class=317464818-01022001>Sanjay, sounds like alternate server recovery to me.  I have never had to do one myself.  Recover the database to another server to the time prior to the drop, export the table from this database, and import it into your original database.  I'm sorry I can't give exact specifics on how to do this but I do know it is possible.
<SPAN
class=317464818-01022001>
<SPAN
class=317464818-01022001>Lisa

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Sanjay Kumar   [mailto:ora_user_at_hotmail.com]Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001   12:16 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Backup and Recovery Question
  Hi,

  I have a situation like this.

  I found a user dropping a table today at 9 AM but   I came to know about that only at 2 PM the same day. I have a backup which was   taken the previous day at 4 PM. My database runs in Archivelog   mode.

  I want to restore the table. If I put the   database in recovery mode and recover using until time option then I may loose   all the transactions that happened between 9 to 2. But I dont want to loose   that.

  I donot have a export.

  How do I accomplish this?

  Help Appreciated.

  Vinay Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 13:47:14 CST