RE: Re[2]: People Soft dba info

From: Joan Hsieh <Joan.Hsieh_at_mirror-image.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:59:16 -0800

I agree. peoplesoft class is not related to oracle at all. But it helps when it comes the problem. Especially the configure class really help when you use 3 tier connection. For performance issue, that's all oracle part to play. dba still can change a lot of peoplesoft stuff (index and view definition) and it can make big difference. Well, I am out of that business right now. Maybe someday I will back to peoplesoft or oracle application. Right now, I am focus on database level tuning. It's not that easy to become a hero that I can tell.

Joan
Author: "Mike Lanteigne" <mikel_at_shec.com>
Date:       2/1/2001 6:48 AM

Hi Joan,

I'm starting a job soon supporting a database holding PeopleSoft data, so I was looking for a heads up on what I should expect. 'PeopleSoft Training' -- See, I didn't know they had specific PeopleSoft database training, so that's good to know.

I'll look at the places you suggested, Thanks

Mike

Author: Mike Lanteigne
  INET: mikel_at_shec.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com