RE: RE: RE: controlfile schema global enqueue lock

From: Joan Hsieh <Joan.Hsieh_at_mirror-image.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:42:58 -0800

Dick,
Thanks, so what you suggest? That's why the other day I asked the list about the asyn i/o on os. If asyn is enabled, is it ok to set dbwr_io_slaves? I am not sure for that part. For checkpoint, You see, before I made the change, we have 8 log switch per hr plus every 30 min and every 3200 block (raw disk is 512b /block) do the checkpoint. I think that's too much. I forgot to set log_checkpoint_to_alert to true. Right now, after the change. the checkpoint just occur at log switch time. I am wondering maybe we still hold the lock too long to finished the checkpoint. Should I increased the redo log size to 500m? What's the impact if we have very large size redo log. I remember Steve said 500m is a good number.(please correct me if I am wrong) The principle dba just won't buy it. he think it might cause other problems.

Thanks again

Joan

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: Joan.Hsieh_at_mirror-image.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 11:42:58 CST