RE: imp full=y indexfile=filename does not produce create

From: <exu_at_nnng.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:25:03 -0800

I think that if indexfile is included in the import command, no database objects will be imported.

This parameter is only used to create to index-creation commands, so you can edit the file (ex: change storage
parameters or tablespace) to create the indexes.

Eveleen

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

"Armstead, Michael A" <maa25681_at_GlaxoWellcome.com> on 02/01/2001 09:36:02 AM

  Message - From: "Armstead, Michael A" <maa25681_at_GlaxoWellcome.com> on
 02/01/2001 03:36 PM GMT

 To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
          <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

 cc:      (bcc: Eveleen Xu/NNIB/NNNG)

 Subject: RE: imp full=y indexfile=filename does not produce
          create

Rich,

I have never used "indexfile". Every time I want to generate code from an export file, I set the "show" parameter to "y" and I create a log file. Give that a shot. Remember: The "show" parameter does not update anything in the database.

Michael Armstead
Database Administrator, OCP-Certified
Corporate & Finance Information Systems
Glaxo SmithKline