RE: Email from a trigger

From: <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:06:56 -0800

Edward,

Try using DBMS_PIPE. It's fairly easy to stuff mail in a pipe and have an outside process listen on the pipe.

There's a generic example ( in Perl of course ) at www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/util.

Another option is to write your mail out to a file via UTL_FILE, and have a process read the directory for new mail, send it and delete the files.

Jared

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Sherman, Edward wrote:

> You're not alone.
> I'm trying to do this in 7.3.4.4
> If you're up to 8.1.6 you might try the stuff at
>
> http://www.iherve.com/oracle/alert_8i.htm
>
> I haven't tested any of this.
>
> Anyone doing this in 7.3?

  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com