RE: oracle cliënt

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:28:55 -0800

We've isolated all our table-related SQL activities into a class called ClassOracleTable. All tables are descendants of this. All the actual selecting happens in the base class, so if we ever changed transports (or RDBMS's for that matter), we just modify the one class, then recompile everything in sight.

BTW I'm fairly certain that BDE is gone with D6. It's definitely not available in Kylix. Since DOA is written in Delphi, using a pro*C interface, I'd betcha it can be ported (by the authors, I mean) fairly easily.

Uh, question for the list. Does a development discussion qualify as "off-topic" ?

At 01:10 AM 1/31/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I believe that the BDE is slowing down the performance but is works good
>enough for us with oracle 7.
>The problem is if we don't know if the BDE still exists with Delphi 6.
>What if we decide to use DOA then all the programs must be redesigned i
>believe?

Dennis Taylor

All warranties expire upon payment of invoice. Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 09:28:55 CST