AW: Q: OEM and Oracle Agent, error VNI-2015

From: Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:07:39 +0100

Hi nikunj,

I tried what ypo wrote, but doesn't help. I have created the file = NULL.TCL
in \oracle_home\network\agent\tcl and than I have restarted Agent and Management Server services. Any other ideas?

BTW, can't find bug #1233467 on metalink. Could you sent me the text?

Regards

Volker Sch=F6n
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Nikunj Thaker [mailto:babulnik_at_hotmail.com] Gesendet: 31. January 2001 08:29
An: Schoen Volker
Cc: oracle-l_at_fatcity.com
Betreff: Re: Q: OEM and Oracle Agent, error VNI-2015

pretty sure this is bug #1233467 fixed in OEM 2.2.

      the workaround is to create an empty file with name null.tcl
      under \oracle_home\network\agent\tcl, the same directory with
      sorainit.tcl. The problem should be avoided.

nikunj

From: Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de> To: 'Oracle Lazy DBA list' <oracledba_at_quickdoc.co.uk>, 'Oracle List' =20 <oracle-l_at_fatcity.com>
Subject: Q: OEM and Oracle Agent, error VNI-2015 Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:33:36 +0100

Hi List,

I'm trying to create a job (SQLPlus script) in OEM. Everytime the job = fails
with error VNI-2015, authentication error. I've setup oracle agent with = a
local NT account with local administrar rights and advanced user right "logon as batch job". In OEM I set the credentials same as in oracle = agent
service.

Is there something I've forgotten or a known error?

Here's my envirmonment:
OEM 2.1
Oracle 8.1.6 on W2K Server

Also happens in following environment:
OEM 2.1
Oracle 8.0.5 on NT 4.0 Server, SP5 (German)

TIA Volker Sch=F6n
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de

Think you know someone who can answer the above question? Forward it to =

them!