RE: Email from a trigger

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:21:47 -0800

Oracle 8.1.6 or later is required. First you need to make sure the Oracle JVM is installed, (it's installed by default with 8.1.6). If it's not installed then follow the instructions on Metalink Doc 105472.1 but you'll also need to follow Jared's suggestion:

"After running @?/javavm/install/initjvm, you will also need to run @?/rdbms/amdin/initplsj ( not documented )"

The UTL_SMTP package should already be installed on your system. Then just follow the instructions from Metalink Doc # 106513.1. BTW, they don't give good instructions on how to implement the plsql.jar. Here's what I did:

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/plsql/jlib
$ loadjava -u system/password -v -r plsql.jar

The 106513.1. doc gives sample code to help you roll your own PL/SQL email package/procedure. That's all there is to it.

Have fun,
Steve Orr