Copying some rows from a table having a long datatype column.

From: Kumar, Dharminder <Dharminder.Kumar_at_bmonesbittburns.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:32:42 -0500

Hi,
I have a requirement like mentioned bellow.

Table A

Columns	datatype
col1		number
col2		long

Table B
col1		number
col2 		long

I need to put some rows from table A to table B. If I use the sqlplus

sqlplus>insert into A select * from B where B.col1 < 50; I get the following error.

ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

Is there any other way to accomplish this goal.

Thanks. Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 13:32:42 CST