Re: OT: Locally managed tablespaces - ST enque

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:52:40 -0800

Hi !

ST is Space Transaction enque.. (some people call as Single Threaded) which is acquired in every space management operation.

It is serialized by design (oly one ST lock per instance).So tehre may be a contention

  1. If you allocate/deallocate space dynamically...
  2. Unnecessary disk sorts
  3. Dynamic extention of ROllback segments
  4. When TEMP space is NOT real temporary space..
  5. Improper extent settings

And at peak your alert log will be filled with more ORA-1575 messages

Sorry I can't think more. I am in half sleep.

Have a nice day !!

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Bangalore, INDIA.

Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Author: K Gopalakrishnan
  INET: kaygopal_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 16:52:40 CST