Re: salary advise

From: Mohammad Shuja <shuja_at_technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 04:12:13 -0800

Thanks very much Rao for providing all the helpful information.
Now I am in a better position to decide about job & salary.

regards
Shuja

Rao, Maheswara wrote:
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 2:35 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LShuja,I can give you the salary ranges in Saudi Arabia as on March 1999.A developer gets SAR 5,000 to SAR 6,000 if he is working in a consultancyorganization. Conversion Rate: US$1=3.75 SAR.Apart from the above, in a consultancy organization, they give you 30 daysvacation after the completion of 12 months and Air tickets from your workplace to you home town (wherever it is on this earth). And of course theysqueeze your blood.Now, if you are joining a company ( I mean other than consultancyorganization), then you will get lot more perks.  The salary usually will beSAR6,000 to SAR8,000.  They give you completely rent free furnishedaccommodation (I mean complete - Furniture, Kitchen vessels, Housecompletely carpeted, TV etc). If you ha!
!
!
ve family, generally, they give you 5bed room house. (For a bachelor they may dump anywhere they like.) Completemedical reimbursement.  Car Loan interest free.  Also, sick leave. Completereimbursement for the children education.  30 days vacation once in 11months.  Air tickets to home town to you and to your family (1 wife and 2children).  Of course Yearly Bonus.  Many companies reimburse bookspurchases and also computer to your house.  Reimbursement for your technicaleducation --- most companies send the employees to the Oracle corporationfor a course once in a year to upgrade their skills.The above perks are fairly common in the entire gulf region.  Perhaps salarymay change.RaoMaheswara.Rao@SunGardP3.com

Author: Mohammad Shuja
  INET: shuja@technologist.com