Re: Any-body faced this earlier ??

From: <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:00:59 -0800 (PST)

Rajesh,

I can't explain why you got the error.

One thing I may be able to help you with though should this happen again, is a better approach than trying to recreate your controlfiles first thing.

Since you already knew that you had a bad controlfile, you should have copied all of the controlfiles to a temporary location.

Then one by one, copy one of the copies of the controlfiles to the locations of the online controlfiles, and attempt to start the database.

e.g.

  cp /u01/oradata/mydb/controlfile_01.ctl /tmp
  cp /u02/oradata/mydb/controlfile_02.ctl /tmp
  cp /u03/oradata/mydb/controlfile_03.ctl /tmp

  cp /tmp/controlfile_01.ctl /u01/oradata/mydb/controlfile_01.ctl
  cp /tmp/controlfile_01.ctl /u01/oradata/mydb/controlfile_02.ctl   cp /tmp/controlfile_01.ctl /u01/oradata/mydb/controlfile_03.ctl

  attempt to startup database

  cp /tmp/controlfile_02.ctl /u01/oradata/mydb/controlfile_01.ctl
  cp /tmp/controlfile_02.ctl /u01/oradata/mydb/controlfile_02.ctl
  cp /tmp/controlfile_02.ctl /u01/oradata/mydb/controlfile_03.ctl

  attempt to startup database

That said, it may not have worked in this case. You appear to have a bad file '/data4/oradata/BDCRL/bdcr01.dbf'.

The symptoms would cause me to suspect that there is a hardware problem. Have you checked that possibility?

Jared