Sun Clustering and Oracle 8.1.6

From: Rocky Welch <rockyw_99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:34:29 -0800 (PST)

--0-1919448799-980796869=:10818

Hi Gang,

We have 2 Sun 4500s running Solaris 2.8 and Oracle 8.1.6. The machines are in a cluster together and all was running well until we moved $ORACLE_HOME. After doing so the database came up just fine. We are having a problem starting thedatabase with the haoracle start <SID> command. The database and listener seem to start okay but then it does a hard crash and produces a trace file from the archive process. We have edited the appropriate files to reflect the new $ORACLE_HOME and, again, everything comes up okay if we start it maunaly as the unix user Oracle.

Any ideas?

TIA, -Rocky

Rocky Welch
Senior Consultant - Internet Services Group Arthur Andersen

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices. --0-1919448799-980796869=:10818

<P>Hi Gang,</P>
<P>We have 2 Sun 4500s running Solaris 2.8 and Oracle 8.1.6. The machines are in a cluster together and all was running well until we moved $ORACLE_HOME. After doing so the database came up just fine. We are having a problem starting thedatabase with the haoracle start &lt;SID&gt; command. The database and listener seem to start okay but then it does a hard crash and produces a trace file from the archive process. We have edited the appropriate files to reflect the new $ORACLE_HOME and, again, everything comes up okay if we start it maunaly as the unix user Oracle.</P>
<P>Any ideas?</P>
<P>TIA,</P>
--0-1919448799-980796869=:10818-- Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 13:34:29 CST