Re: lmon trace warning

From: <sheisey_at_att.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:53:47 +0000

Murali, This is an odd error message. Oracle creates a pool of memory in the SGA for sending messages globally in the cluster. The amount of memory that is allocated is 128 bytes * MAX (lm_ress, db_block_buffers, 10000), so you get at least 1,280,000 bytes of memory for this messaging. My guess would be that the defaults are being set and the memory needed to create message buffers is not available. I am surprised that you are not getting some other messages like dynamic allocation of locks or dynamic allocation of resources. This could be a Compaq thing as well. I am running OPS(8.1.7) on NT and Solaris and I have not seen this error. You could attempt to set lm_ress to a value greater than 10000. The problem you will run into is that Oracle now dynamically sets the defaults for lm_ress and lm_locks in 8.1.7 and they have not documented how to override the values. In 8.1.7 you have to specify lm_ress=(minvalue,maxvalue), this is the same for lm_locks as well. Oracle doesn't use the minvalue but does set the parameter to the maxvalue. So if you set lm_ress=(10000,25000) then lm_ress actually gets 25000. Doing this may help with the warning.

Scott