RE: newbie: problem in dynamic SQL

From: Gabriel Galanternik <ggalanterni_at_tesis-oys.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:18:53 -0300

stephane, just curious, really, no subtle lines... should I, a developer, tell my dba that I'm gonna create temporary tables? (I know most of you are dba's, please don't flame me...) deep inside I would say, yes, but, really why? Rigth access?
space allocation?
performance tunning?
curious dba?

FYI, I, as a technical support for my developers, I would think twice before creating tables dinamically.
and I would ask very good reasons to do it. But when I had to do it I really didn't realize to tell the dba...

Gabriel Galanternik

On top of the explanation, I have 2 questions. Are you a dba ?
If not, does your dba knows that you will create dynamically ?

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com

Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/