Re: lmon trace warning

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2001 18:45:16 -0000

Hi!

 This looks like a parallel server errror.

 Not that I am expert on it..but am very curious  about it..

 can u pls mail me the trace file please..

 Thanks..

PS: could u pls tell me ur configuration?

   like O/S,cluster software,RAM,SGA etc..

 Thanks a lot
------------- Original Message -------------- "Murali Vallath" <murali_vallath_at_hotmail.com> wrote: To:Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> From:"Murali Vallath" <murali_vallath_at_hotmail.com> Date:Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:05:21 -0800
Subject:lmon trace warning

RDBMS vERSION: Oracle 8.1.7
Platform : COMPAQ TRU64 Version 5.1

Any ideas on this warning message. I have no other information. Its a brand new instance. No database has been setup yet. But while checking / validating the parameter file, I found the following message in the trace file.

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none> Oracle process number: 0
612760

Warning: Send buffers require 1280000 bytes but get 1276113

Murali Vallath
Oracle Certified DBA
http://www8.ewebcity.com/muralivallath/
http://www.summerksyus.com/

Author: Murali Vallath
  INET: murali_vallath_at_hotmail.com

Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at http://bol.rediff.com

 From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
 Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:06:03 -0800 (PST)  Subject: RE: Vertically splicing the file

Hi, Raj,

Since you may have problems with all other suggestions, I think the only choice is have your Perl "hacker" work out the simple script for you.

If you generally need the capability to vertically split a text file, the simplest on Windows is DOS window: On NT, open DOS box, right click on the title bar, Properties, Options. Check QuickEdit Mode. Then you can always vertically highlight and press return to copy text. If you don't enable QuickEdit Mode, then you have to go to Mark every time you highlight and copy.

Other tools (other than already mentioned by other people) that allow you to Received on Sat Jan 27 2001 - 12:45:16 CST