Re: The software replacing OracleBrowser

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:30:03 -0500

Heikki,

    If you're talking about a product that was called "Data Browser", I am still using it. The only problem that I see with it and Oracle 8i, is that I get an error message about a table missing when I start to create the first new query after I've gotten into the product. After that, I don't get any more errors and it works fine. I asked the same question at my last training session (in Rochester, NY) and none of the Oracle people there had even heard of the product. I figured I was dating myself.

Heikki Jantunen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we used to use Oracle Browser in "our earlier life". What is the tool at the
> moment replacing Browser (from Oracle).
>
> Do you know any other vendors who could provide similar tools Browser was.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Hessu

> Author: Heikki Jantunen
> INET: hjantunen_at_hotmail.com

Scott Canaan (srcdco_at_rit.edu)
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it" -