RE: Altering passwords

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:33:08 -0800

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C087E7.F4EB9990

        charset="iso-8859-1"

alter user xx identified by values 'xxxx' ;

see example below.

SQL> create user nigel identified by secret default tablespace users temporary tablespace temp ;

User created.

SQL> grant create session to nigel ;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> -- allow nigel to look at dba_users SQL> grant select any table to nigel ;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect nigel/secret
Connected.
SQL> select password from dba_users where username = 'NIGEL' ; Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 16:33:08 CST