Re: Altering passwords

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:45:20 -0800

It's

alter user <username> identified by values '<the encrypted value';

you got this value from dba_users (not dba_userids)

Winnie

"Hagedorn, Linda" <lindah_at_epocrates.com>@fatcity.com on 01/26/2001 02:0= 5:40
PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Subject: Altering passwords

Hello,

I need to create a set of passwords on a new machine with the same passwords as on the old machine.

I'm looking for the passwords, but I remember someone here had a very clever way to alter user xx identified by 'xxxx' which was the encrypte= d
string from dba_userids.

If anyone remembers or has that information, I'd appreciate it if you w= ould
send it to me or post it. Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 16:45:20 CST