Re: Are there any Init<SID>.ora parameters to configure the PGA?

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:20:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

The uga,pga stuff is very well explained in Steve Adams book.
My book is at home (pretty usefull isn't), but by memory if you're not using MTS, the size of hash_area_size and sort_area_size will be taken in the user's process. This is a script I used for monitoring that :

undefine uti
select ses.sid, substr(s.username,1,15) uti,

       substr(stat.name,1,30) stat,
round(ses.value/1024) as "Value K"

from v$sesstat ses,
     v$statname stat,
     v$session s

where ses.statistic# = stat.statistic#
and stat.name in ('session pga memory', 'session pga memory max','session uga memory')
and s.sid=ses.sid
and s.username like upper('%&uti%')
order by uti, ses.sid,stat.name
;