PCTTHRESHOLD in IOT

From: Arvind Aggarwal <oradba9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:35:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi ALL,

I have a doubt for PCTTHRESHOLD parameter in IOT. When we say that this IOT has 20 PCTTHRESHOLD, it means that it forces some rows into the overflow segment but on which basis Is this applicable to all rows in the block or some rows????. When we are saying 20 PCTTHRESHOLD what exactly that means , 20 is refering to 20% of block size????.

when I wan't that the same set of columns has to be in the index and the rest of the columns after that in the overflow segment, I have to specify upto which column i wan't to keep in the index with INCLUDING. What happened if the corresponding rowsize exceeds and unable to put the last column specified in the INCLUDING columns, where will that column go, in the index segment or in the overflow segment.

Thanks in advance,

Arvind

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices. http://auctions.yahoo.com/ Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 11:35:01 CST