SQL help with pulling an environment variable into a default value

From: Jeff Cox <jeff.cox_at_ips-sendero.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:48:13 -0700

Hello SQL fanatics,

I am having no luck with trying what I wish to do (Oracle 7.3.4 on NT) and cannot seem to find it in any documentation. Hope somebody from this list can either tell me how to do it or tell me that it cannot be done.

I am trying to add a column to the test table so the default value of the column will pull the %SVDIR% environment variable (Which is a drive letter, usually C: or D:) and then add '\FTP\' after the drive letter.

SVRMGR> SELECT rpt_file_path FROM test;
RPT_FILE_PATH

%SVDIR%\FTP\ TIA, Jeff Cox Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 10:48:13 CST