Re: New Sun/Oracle Blueprint available

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:17:10 -0600

We are using Sun Solaris 2.6 with Oracle 7.3.4, 8.0.4, and 8.1.5. We have a 150Gig Data warehouse and a 50 Gig datamart on EMC disk using Veritas Volume Manager. We also have lots of small to mid-size DSS and OLTP databases.

Have other companies that are in similar situations adopted these best practices as shown in this interesting article below?

If yes, what have your experiences been?

What is the concensus regarding this article from Oracle people who have Sun boxes?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cherie Machler
Gelco Information Network

David Miller <djm_at_oregon.West.Sun.COM> on 01/25/2001 11:06:41 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Cherie Machler/GELCO)

Subject: New Sun/Oracle Blueprint available

Hi Listers,

Sun has just published a new Blueprint on Sun/Oracle Best Practices. This is a technical document and covers a lot of topics I see on this list all the time. I know that several of them have been subjects of religious wars, but thought people would be interested anyway. I hope this information is useful.

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0101/SunOracle.html

Dave Miller
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Author: David Miller
  INET: djm_at_oregon.West.Sun.COM

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 12:17:10 CST